Wednesday 26 October 2011

Oh trains,

A new school year means new projects! And this year in art i'm going to be focusing on a subject that I really enjoy, as sad as it may sound, I love going on train journey's, no point denying it, it's not trainspotting, I wouldn't know the difference between trains other than the colour of them (unless it was the Hogwarts express in which case i'd never want to leave it!) But it's the journey that I enjoy on trains more than any other form of transport. 
More than a couple months ago now me and my mother went on the Avon valley Railway (my mother hasn't stopped going on about wanting to go on steam train journey for months, make that years) So as a belated mother's day present we went on a some what short trip along the Avon, 
where I had to nodd along to comments such as, this is how trains are meant to be, hear that? That's how they're meant to sound. but I have to say that this trip did have rather picturesqueness qualities about it, and mostly reminded me of the Railway children going through the valleys, and all I kept thinking about was that how the inside of the carriage are so much nicer than in modern trains today, but then again they remind me of Hogwarts express which I would give anything to go on for a trip up to Scotland. Anyway (I can feel that Harry Potter is always going to be cropping up in this project, this could have something to do with my love of trains, wanting them to take me away to Hogwarts) my mother was telling me about this ad campaigns from the 50s advertising cities around the UK with the quote of "It's quicker by rail" which i'm now going to investigate into! 


No comments:

Post a Comment