Sunday 11 December 2011

Dawlish stills

I've been experimenting with print screening shots of the videos I've been taking and the ones that I've liked the most are the ones between Exeter and Dawlish. I knew before I took then that this would be my favourite section of the journey and it turns out that I got the best stills of these videos too luckily enough.



This one of my favourite shots because it was when the waves were so choppy and strong that day that they actually came over the wall between the beach and the railway to splash the train itself. Which I think shows just how close to the sea this particular stretch of railway is and on a choppy day like this being on a train is the closest you can get to the coastline because the pathway for walkers is underneath the high tide. 

Splash

Then I feel like these shots show how much your vision of a view is blocked by what's on the window, because until it dries it's spoiling your view.


 Then this just shows the difference a day makes. This shot from the video I posted last week and is from the second trip I took along this path and I shows just how different somewhere can look with different and more attractive weather.


Now that I've got solid photos to work from I'd like to start some printing and my tutor has been telling me about the CMYK form of printing where it's like a printer in that there's four layers of ink over the top of each other so that's how you create the different shades of colour, so I think that would be the best form of printing to get an accurate version of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment