Tuesday 13 December 2011

Splash CMYK style

It may be the end of term but I've finally got some printing done!! And I had to pick a tricky way of doing it. CMYK = one giant screen with four images on it which when printing need to be lined up exactly otherwise it doesn't work, but I think I did okay for my first one!


Once the screen is made, and everything's lined up I enjoy the printing process because it's nice to feel like I'm actually making something and if it ends up looking right all the better!! To end up with having a choice of which print was the best I made 4 (2practise on bread and butter paper) prints on Fabriano paper with the idea that all future prints will be the same size, on the same type and size of paper so that when shown at the end of the year they all link together.

I want these prints to tell a story of a journey so still focusing on the Exeter to Dawlish trip I'd quite like to have maybe five or six prints in the end showing each stage of the journey, with Splash perhaps being the last one. I think that having Splash as the last one would be quite appropriate, ending the Journey not being able to see the view through the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment