Monday 27 February 2012

Printing Error

When thinking you're on a roll things can often go wrong. Being distracted meant that I wasn't paying full attention to the forth print I was doing for this series meant I ended up printing magenta through the yellow part of the silkscreen so things ended up rather more pink than they were meant to.

Slightly more Magenta than there should be

I carried on thinking I've paid for the paper may as well keep going with the four layers and see what the print looks like in the end, and considering this was my first print where I was able to get some real colour onto the paper with the green bank in the foreground it wasn't too disastrous as I ended up making the yellow more strong to try and make up for the added amount of Magenta. If I was aiming for more abstract work then I could actually pretend that this is what I was aiming for but of course that's not what my work's about and just have to put this print aside as a trial and error and pay more attention next time!

Experimenting with just a Cyan and Black layer

No comments:

Post a Comment