Wednesday 30 November 2011

Penguin postcards

During a recent tutorial I was told about these Penguin postcards which is basically a box of postcards and all the designs are the old classic penguin book covers, and I really find them quite cute. The colour and design of them very much remind me of these posters I've been looking at recently and them being postcards sort of link to the travel aspect that my work is starting to become about.












If anything I collect postcards, whenever I go somewhere chances are I'll pick one up, and actually something that I noticed this summer was just how few postcards there were at Disney. You'd think with 4 theme parks and 2 water parks there would be amble of choice for a postcard to send home to your family or friends but there were only a dozen or so for what felt like all or the parks and they seemed really dated, some of them looked as if they'd have been the same postcards 5 or 10 years ago just using the same photo of Mickey and the gang in front of the castle.

Being that my work seems to be becoming about travel and journeys I think it could be interesting to try and collect together some of the photos from perhaps my summer, the ones that best show my own journey so to speak, that could be my postcards that best symbolise my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment