Monday 5 March 2012

Dawlish Amusement Park.

When I started this project I was looking at railway posters from the 1940s that advertised cities and towns around the UK. I sort of moved off this topic when I got going with my own prints but whenever I've looked back through my research the main bulk of it has been these posters and the artists that created them.

I've moved on from the idea of creating my own posters because that's not what my works about any more but while enhancing my images on photo shop by the simple click of the button 'posterize' it gathers the bulk colour together and creates the image that those posters had, and I really like this effect. 

Dawlish Amusements Posterized

It's interesting to contrast it to the original image because there's not that much difference, it's only the effect of having bulk colours instead of the shadows and shading. 

Dawlish Amusements

Yet because of these slight differences when I look at the posterized image I instantly see the 1940s posters and think that if I have time before the end of the year it could be fun to CMYK it and see if the colours are as clear when silk screen printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment