Wednesday 7 March 2012

Landmarks

With the 1940s posters the images in those posters are landmarks symbolising the city, with that in mind I've looked back through all the Dawlish footage I've got and realised that there are places I see on this journey, specifically on the railway route that are significant to me, and that when I look at these images each of them are a landmark of that point of the journey to me.

Red Rock Cafe

Dawlish Coast

Teignmouth

Along with the image of Dawlish amusements park from my last post I'm now thinking that these four images are going to be my next four prints. But they're not just more Dawlish photos, I'm not just cheating and still using the footage I took months ago because these stills are taken from the second Dawlish trip I took and fortunately it was a much brighter day when I took this video comparing to the very grey collection of images I've created from my first trip.

So I've enhanced these images, so only making more of what's already there, especially the blue sky, the Red in the Red Rock Cafe sign, the green of the grass under the Teignmouth sign, to mostly emphasize the difference between these images and the last. I've made these images more bright, more bold and because of this they are slightly more poster like, but still realistic.
So I think that these will make another collection of their own in a way because they are more bright, I'm using brighter ink now also so that'll enhance them along with using different acetate which creates a more bold colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment