Wednesday 29 December 2010

Just add some lace.

So I’ve now neatened up the neckline by adding some binding underneath and lace over the top. I was able to apply the binding the pale blue is quick a thick fabric, there’s more than one weaved layers to it so I was able to hand stitch it down without the thread showing on the other side.
After ironing along the seam (which makes fabric easier to then press out) I then tuned out the lace still wouldn’t lay flat after steaming it down I then tacked it down just so it lays flat on the collar. I’ve also done the same to the ends of the sleeves along with gathering them up a tad, as much as I could with the fabric. I’m also going to add some lace to the hem but I’m thinking perhaps a different shade of cream or maybe add some more blue.
So that’s it for the main body of the dress, with the off cuts that I’ve kept (can’t seem to throw anything away) I’m going to practise some embroidery techniques to then see how they work with the colour and texture of the fabric and how easy it is to sew on.


1 comment:

  1. yay! It's coming along nicely. I want to see the whole dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete