Sunday 29 January 2012

South Devon Coast Path,

An imaginary Devon
setting by the artist
Vana Haggerty
In the past few weeks I've been researching journeys. Spending countless hours sat on the floors of book shops and library's going through books that aren't just about the trains themselves but that have photos of the places I'm familiar with and can relate to. I came across the book South Devon Coast Path by Brain Le Messurier and even though it's nothing to do with train journey's it's still telling you about a form of a journey only walking instead of on a train.

Flicking through I notice how the views of Dawlish are exactly the same as I see them as there's a walkway right along the railway, only these photo's below were taken over 30years ago in 1980.

The front at Dawlish.


Dawlish: It's sea wall railway was engineered by Brunel.


View from Langstone Rock, Looking towards Dawlish Warren.


No comments:

Post a Comment